Do you have a special talent? Do you play a musical instrument, sing, act, hula hoop, or dance?
Then we want YOU for our variety show!!
If you have any special skill or talent and love to perform, Puttin’ on the Kids is perfect for you! It is your chance to have fun and shine and invite all your family and friends to watch!
Puttin’ on the Kids is Kenton PTA’s annual variety show that allows any student or staff member to participate. There are no auditions. POTK was started in 1988 to help fund scholarships to graduating high school seniors who attended Kenton Elementary for at least one complete year.
- Every act must have skit/routine ready to perform by first
- Acts should be about 2-4 minutes in length due.
- Each child may participate in ONE solo act, one group act and/or in their classroom act if their teacher chooses to
- All music must be on a CD or as a MP4 on a flash drive. All music will be returned to students the week following the performance at
- This is a Family Friendly variety All acts must be appropriate. The PTA reserves the right to not allow certain music, dance moves and/or entire acts if deemed inappropriate for young children.
- All participants are expected to follow normal school rules and must stay in designated practice areas at all times (students must ask permission before leaving the practice area).
- Each child must have a parent/guardian signature on the permission slip on reverse side of this By signing this permission slip, the PTA has the authority to monitor your child while at ALL POTK functions and practices.
- Each child MUST attend at least 1 Practice Session and the Dress
Practice Sessions—February 20, 22, 28 and March 1, 6
- February 20, 28 and March 6: Practices will be held in the school gym between 6-7 p
- February 22, March 1: Practices will be held in the school gym immediately after school until 4:45/5pm. They may end earlier or slightly later depending on the number of acts at each
- Please make every attempt to have your child at most practice
- Please sign your child out after each practice If someone other than the parent/guardian will be picking up your child, we will need a note. No child will be allowed to leave without being signed out.
Dress Rehearsal—March 9th at Kenton Elementary Gym
- All performers are required to attend 6-7pm. They must wear their costumes and have all props for their
Night of Performance—March 10th at Kenton Elementary Gym
- Performers must arrive in full dress 30 minutes prior (5:30pm) to show time (show time is at 6pm).
- Performers will be seated by their acts in the chairs on the gymnasium Performers must remain seated until they are directed to the stage by PTA staff. After their act, performers must return to their seats until they are called for the finale.
Please sign and return this permission slip by Friday, February 16th if you are interested in Puttin’ on the Kids.